Fully Licensed & Insured
Precision. Punctuality. Commitment to Excellence.
Have you noticed cracks in your basement walls? Are you in need of a professional opinion on the structural integrity of your basement? Foundation wall cracks can worsen if left untreated. Furthermore, any cracks or openings in a foundation can become a passageway for water to enter the home.
Don’t let cracks in your foundation lower the value of your home. Renew Basement Foundation LLC will assess your foundation and provide the best solution to make your foundation walls safe for years to come.
Signs Your Home is in Need of Foundation Repair
In general, Wisconsin weather, water pressure, and settling soil can do a number on the structural integrity of your basement walls and foundation. Improper foundation support can lead to a number of structural issues, including added pressure on basement walls. Without a firm, structurally sound foundation, a home will lack the necessary support to keep the structure intact.
Not sure if your foundation is in trouble? Here are some warning signs to look out for:
- Gaps between crown molding and the ceiling.
- Sunken floors or sinking foundation.
- Sloping floors.
- Bowed basement walls
If you notice any of these signs, this could potentially be a big foundation issue. Contact the experts at Renew Basement Foundation LLC right away for a free consultation.
Types of Foundation Cracks
The severity of the foundation crack typically depends on how much movement is occurring on the wall. When a foundation expert assesses your cracked foundation, they can determine what type of crack it is and the best way to repair it. Let’s take a look at a few common types of foundation cracks:
- Vertical Cracks: Large vertical cracks can form from top to bottom of the wall due to soil settlement. This creates additional pressure on a foundation wall and often lead to cracking.
- Horizontal Cracks: Generally, these cracks are caused by heavy soil pressure. When water is retained on the exterior foundation walls, the walls will succumb to the pressure and begin to crack over time.
- Stair Step Cracks: Typically formed in block concrete walls along the grout lines, these cracks can form a stair-step pattern. They begin at the top of the wall and continue down making a “step” formation.
Is Your Home Suffering from Foundation Issues?
Structural cracks will likely become more severe over time. Therefore, it’s crucial that an inspection of your foundation is conducted sooner rather than later. Renew Basement Foundation LLC is the leading basement repair specialist in the Wisconsin area. We provide our clients with a comprehensive approach to basement repair and quality work. Contact us today to receive a free estimate.